Monday, December 8, 2008

Steve throws down in Normsey's Mole





Andrea's drawing of the back of the building shone through the other side of the paper slightly, so I traced the lines and took it from there, having fun with what became a concert of robots making robot music. The next three spreads include collage from some drawings, plant prints and a pamphlet on how to open a Pomegranate. It was a real joy looking through this book, and seeing all the work in person blew me away. Hope you like these John!

7 comments:

Something Different said...

Mench! I didn't even look at the next page - what a jackass, sorry about that.

You've made it into something beautiful! I am so in love with this Steve.

BRAVO!!

steve said...

No no, that's what inspired the page you like so much Andrea, so that was a very good thing!! :)

Thank you btw!

Johnnynorms said...

Electric Joy is wild, Steve. I saw it as happening in a micro scale, until I saw the little figure with arms aloft - conducting? and then I imagined it as being on a huge scale. Did you draw with any music on?

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Far Out!

What a cool collection of images! I have to say that I agree that looking at the moles in person is utter JOY!

Speaking of JOY, I agree that that electric joy is SUPER!

I love the pomegranate one too! I love pomegranates and what you did with it is COOL!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

It looks too darn edible, though!

steve said...

Thanks so much John and Mary!

John, yes, i was listening to music the whole time I worked in your Mole :

M83: Saturdays = Youth
Freescha: Freescha
Freescha: Slower Than Church Music
LCD Soundsystem: Sound of Silver

That's all I can remember for now. Glad you like it man (and yes, that is a guy conducting a big electric orchestra)!

Mike Kline said...

Steve! Such amazing creativity...Wow!