Sunday, July 27, 2008

only 12 days late...

Here's what I did in milo's mole... now I will finally send it on! Sorry for being a bottleneck!

I sort of had this idea of "palimpsest"... so I laid down a vertical and horizontal background of text bits from a bunch of different books (you can actually read it if you try), all mixed together to make this really random confusing text. Then I sprayed it with brown acrylic + matte acrylic medium from an old cosmetic atomizer. Then I drew on top of it in colored pencil.

milo's mole, pg 1-2

milo's mole, pg 3-4

milo's mole, pg 5-6

milo's mole, pg 7-8

9 comments:

milo said...

ooh so creative! very nice

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

These are incredibly COOL! DId you write all that text by hand? HARD work! But stunning in its execution!

Jess said...

Yes... I did write it by hand (one of the directions with a Micron pen, haha), and it *was* the hardest part. But it was fun writing totally random stuff from random books I'm reading now, and mixing it together to make nonsense.

There's even some dirty parts there if you look hard... (actually, they might've been covered up, I didn't check..hahaha).

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

The results are magnificent! :-D

Johnnynorms said...

Inspiringly experimental - lead the way Jess. I especially digged the big insect in pic 1. Well when I get my hands on milo's book, i'm going to try and have a random read.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

So INTERESTING and fun!

(I want to try it now!)

steve said...

Wonderful job Jess! These indeed look well worth the wait.

Ian russell said...

a fantastic theme! and immense work to get the style running through all these pages, I imagine. Excellent!

Andrea said...

I am getting really bummed out. I still have not gotten this Moly. I am supposed to mail it off to Steve in 10 days and have yet to get my hands on it. :(