Monday, December 16, 2013

Mary in Mary's, page 4 pass 2 round 4: On a bright red caboose

On a bright red caboose
watercolor on watercolor moleskine
click this image (and others) to view larger
Second draft

On a bright red caboose
watercolor on watercolor moleskine


Mr. and Mrs. Gregory Goose                                      
and their friends Aloysius and Frangelica Moose     
And two herons who complained their stockings were loose
all rode together on a bright red caboose.

Unfortunately, it seems unlikely that I can get the book done in time for Christmas. (For my grandson).

This completes my work on this pass of round 4, except for the back cover and envelope if I have time--I'll be mailing soon.

(Now that I've signed it, scanned it and posted it, I've decided it's not quite done yet.) (By the way, the complexity of that caboose was just about beyond me!!!) (OK, I did work on it for another hour, not sure if I made it better or not, but the second one is on top.)

No comments: