Thursday, June 12, 2008

the last in baggelboy's

I have to say right now that I'm grateful to Andrea for the Exchange and Steve for persuading me to join - this is really stretching me artwise and I'm sure it must be doing me good! It's coming up to mailing time and I want to get it off a bit early for Michelle in SF. Here is my last four bits for Baggelboy's moleskine (making 7, yeah!) and looking forward to Johnny's soon. (bye-bye baggelboy molie, I don't expect we'll ever see each other again...)


#4 chess in the parc (no.2)



#5 boy



#6 the three trees : up a tree



#7 the fly in my tea

9 comments:

milo said...

Ian these are great! I love your new images....
thanks for getting it off to me early :)

Ian russell said...

cycled down to the post office as soon as I posted these, milo (you like to be called milo don't you? I almost put it on the envelope!) it's a funny feeling saying goodbye to the months work. I felt like Dr. Aziz at the end of 'A Passage to India' (one of my fav. movies).

Jess said...

I am in love with these, especially the last three images. Wow.

And look at the eyes on that boy... expressive and maybe haunting...

Yes, it is coming up to mailing time and I need to put in some work... this month is so different from last month!

Jess said...

No, haunting isn't the right word... it's like he's lost in a disturbing memory that he's trying to distance himself from.

Moleskine.Exchange said...

BRAVO! I am really loving the bottom one, great lines! I recently had and ant invade my coffee cup. Pesky insects ruining everything!

Thank you for your participation!

Mike Kline said...

Wonderful pieces. I really like the fly doing the life stroke. Great style.

steve said...

Ian, I couldn't be more glad to see you join us on our adventure. You are indeed pushing yourself and the hard work has obviously paid off. These all are an absolute joy to view- how lucky bagelboy must be.

Tammie Lee said...

these are all wonderful!
the boy captured my attention the most, something in the expression that tugs at me.

Johnnynorms said...

very bright and luminous, I think my fav is the three tree aspects