Monday, March 15, 2010

Stop me if you've heard this before....

Thinking of the book idea, and the (probably forgotten) moleskiner's request for a video-slideshow, I came across this wonderful project from last year: 500 postcard-sized pieces by 500 artists worldwide on the subject of the book about death. I thought I'd post a link for yous. It rattles through a bit quick for me - if you've a talent for gaming, you might be quick enough on the pause button. Unfortunately, my gaming days are behind me. I have to rely purely on subliminal osmosis.

I found out the exhibition is coming to Wales, which is about 3 hours from here. I'm wondering if I can get across to see it. Might be fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7nOFqIsSQ0&feature=player_embedded##



I'm still thinking about doing a video of my book...

7 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

That is absolutely stunning! WOW!

I wish we could slow it down while viewing. AMAZING!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

You can see the individual pieces at a more leisurely pace here:

http://abookaboutdeath.blogspot.com/

Ian russell said...

actually it works out at about 1 second per work, which is too fast to enjoy but slow enough to pause on each one.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I kind of liked seeing them fast once through, it gave an overall amazing impression. :-D

Then more leisurely later.

steve said...

Thanks Ian - will check out!

henniemavis said...

Agreed that it flashes by way too fast. Still very interesting, tho! I like the way the video is composed by grouping similar thematic imagery ie. all tree art together, all art with crosses, all skulls, etc. It would be nice to be able to actually read the ones with text.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

You can read the ones with text at the link I left above.