Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Songbird Cutouts for Ruth

I'm killing time between books with other creative projects, so to prove I'm not idle (HA!), here's a tease. Recent bird drawings from other artists in this group, plus an influx of real nests around my home lately, have me obsessing about my feathered friends.

I have a friend in the hospital indefinitely, so I am sending her these birds to decorate her room. Here's a link showing all 6 birds, some real nests & the story on this project. Whew, snapping & uploading pics & writing posts takes longer than doing the art! Weary sigh :-)

8 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Cool! Love that hummer!

(Don't forget my book!)

steve said...

Wow, great posts! Thanks for the story at your bog as well. What a fine, inspired gift too! Yes, lately I've seen (and heard) a variety of birds which makes me wish I had a camera with me more often. Something about birds that makes me happy.

ballookey said...

I love those birds on colored paper - they're gorgeous!

milo said...

awww the hummingbird is my favorite! i love them.. and your bold use of color

henniemavis said...

Thanks, you guys :-)

@Mary: No, I didn't forget, it's going to Peaks Island (ME) with me this weekend!

@Steve: What fun that you type-O'ed "bog" for "blog!" Made me think I should have made a red-winged blackbird or a Northern water thrush, HA! Birds make me happy too :-)

@Ballookey: Why did I know you'd like the ones on the colored backgrounds? ;-) Did you see that I did them on my favorite drawing "hardware," the iDiningroom Table? HA!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

YAY! :-D Woohoo! :-)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Do you have a hummingbird GLASS in your glassware collection?

ballookey said...

@Heidi: Ha ha! I have an iDiningroom Table too!