Tuesday, June 1, 2010

splotch monster collaborations






Hi all! I guess since some of us are waiting around for some sketchbooks to arrive, I was wondering if anyone here might be interested in trying out some collaborations using some of my paint splotches posted here at my new blog, A Splotch Monster A Day. You can print out paint splotches and draw directly on them, or work on them using software like Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. Above is an example of some various possibilities and a collab between me, my wife and artist Pixohammer. If you do try some, let me know and I'll post 'em at the blog, along with any links you want me to include to you blogs/sites.

6 comments:

ballookey said...

Very cool idea to share blank splotches to collaborate with other folks!

steve said...

Thanks Ballookey. I can't wait to see the one you worked on!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

WOW! What a great idea! How fun! :-D

merrytait said...

I really love these! Nice colors and they have a great wild look.

ballookey said...

@Steve: I posted it to my Flickr stream:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ballookey/4662004771/

It's just a first try, and I was still getting the hang of the quirks of the iPad apps I have. I felt some of the highlights were already there, but in my bungling, I ended up drawing the face & hands in anyway.

Moleskine.Exchange said...

Steve,

I've had this in my sketchbook to work on for weeks. I hope to get to it soon. =)