Monday, June 27, 2011

Almost finished with Gretchen's book.

World In Her Hands for Moleskine Exchange Project
I really didn't like this piece so I worked over it. Same concept but with a different delivery. Acrylic paint with gel pen & marker.

Collab piece for Moleskine Exchange Project
I never really know how to work with what Ammon leaves me for our collaborative pieces. I worry that what I do may seem like I'm bastardizing it, but I'm really trying to do the best I can. I totally messed up the upper image in this piece and the only way I could figure out how to save it was to somehow turn it silly. There is an actual website called awakwardfamilyphotos.com.

Collab piece for Moleskine Exchange Project
Watercolor, etc.

Mandala for Moleskine Exchange Project
Added some white detail to this piece.

Handala for Moleskine Exchange Project
My last piece in Gretchen's book. I wasn't originally going to color it in but something told me to wait mailing it and I'm glad I did. The right hand page I left for Ellen as a collab piece.

Handala for Moleskine Exchange Project
Colored pencil & marker.

As soon as I can find something for Gretchen's pocket I will mail her book to Ellen. Aiming for today.... 

4 comments:

Moleskine.Exchange said...

That hand is lovely! Also got a nice chuckle out of awkward family photo. That site is endlessly entertaining. Well done.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

These are great! I totally agree with Andrea. SUPER hand, fun portraits. I love them all.

ballookey said...

I like all your work, and I think you did a great job with Ammon's collab.

roma said...

Oh wow, the hand is fabulous. It reminds me of Henna designs. And I love how you made awkward family portraits out of the collab with Ammon. That site is a lot of fun to look through.