Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mike's Mole Almost ready to ship to Ammon







Hard times have hit--we had two floods. Photos, manuscripts, artwork, clothes, sleeping bags etc all got soaked. The house is chaotic with stuff spread out drying and boxed hauled up from the cellar. It will be long time before we get dug out. I had wanted to do some work on my kids books in Mike's mole, but the prep time was prohibitive.

1)Leopard. Faber-Caselle PITT astist pigment pens and PRANG metallics--the Prang pens ran out of ink, I bought more, they were a different color, I bought more--they were dry AND a different color--so I had to go with it--apologies. What do you do when the pen you start with runs out of ink in someone else's mole and you can't replace it? AK!! :-(

2)Impala, prey of the leopard--I pity them both face to face for the lifetime of the mole. One terrified and the other hungry but thwarted. Faber-Caselle PITT astist pigment pens and PRANG metallics

3)Pocket items, iPad Artrage painting print 4 x 6--I had to rescan the print because nothing was working that day!

4)pocket item #2--eagle skull. Just finished today. iPad Artrage painting print 4 x 6

5)Our living room at the house where we live--the studio house flooded too.

We are leaving for a short trip Thursday 6/16.


Click images to enlarge.

9 comments:

Something Different said...

Oh Mary, I am so sorry you have to go through this. It looks devastating. Is there anything we can do from afar? I would love to send you a post flood care package, let me know when things calm down a bit and you are ready to receive a little love in the mail. Take care!

roma said...

Really sorry, too, to hear of the flooding! Yikes. Just wish some of that rain could come to AZ and NM to put out the fires. :(

The pieces are all great. Your Artrage art is so fluid and wonderful. Very cool.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thank you both.

We have lost a lot of books and some photos and clothes, but a lot of the stuff is rescued or partly rescued--that is--water-stained but still OK for some purposes, or rescued before they got wet. Only the bottom layer of boxes got wet--but that was a lot.

Even more, though, did not get wet.

Now we just have a huge mess and a huge clean up and sorting and reassembling of documents and photos and negatives with their proper pix etc.

Thanks you for you kind comments about my work. I enjoy artrage and it is a nice break from the cleaning and sorting repacking etc.

mollypeck said...

Oh, no! What a dreadful thing-- I'm so sorry. These pieces, though, are so full of life! Beautiful!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks, Molly, I really appreciate you kind words.

I'll be away for a while--not sure how long, 3-4 days to a week? If you don't hear from me, that's why. It is safe to mail to me, my son will be here.

ballookey said...

Oh Mary, what a terrible time to go through! I can't believe you still managed to do such great work!

I'll echo what Andrea said - if you need help recovering, please let us know. I'm really great at retouching photos, so if there's some precious ones that got water damaged, feel free to send me some scans and I can clean them up. Or anything!!!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

thanks so much, Ballookey and everyone! It will probably be a long time before we even know how much is lost and damaged. Once we spread things out to dry, all at once in a flurry, because it was wet and threatened. Now we have to collect and examine it all and try to reassemble it.

I will keep all you kind offers in mind! :-D THANKS!

Mike Kline said...

I thought I had already commented on these. Anywho - Wonderful... I can't wait to see these in person.

Sorry to hear of the flooding. Hope all is high and dry now.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks Mike!

We've been having rain rain rain rain every day.

Still, the basements are OK so far,but the rest of the house is all full of the junk we hauled up still, been unable to clear it out yet.

Still, the guest room is open except July 5-8 if y wanna do a retreat/visit.