Monday, August 29, 2011

Stephanie Smith's Moleskine Exchange III is on its way to Roma!

First use of watercolor and ink... I am not a painter or master of any medium, but I have to say thanks to Stephanie for pushing me into trying something new - with color! Yeah!

This one cracks me up! Intexticated and driving is a common theme of mine and there are definitely consequences for actions!

Here is an abstract watercolor collaboration for Roma to add her magic in.

I love to free draw! This one started as a Jester or Fool and mutated into a look into my brain!

Classic "What Were You Doing When You Should Have Been Driving?"

9 comments:

Something Different said...

Mike, that top watercolor piece is gorgeous. It really suits your style!

roma said...

These are all great, Mike. Great to see you venturing into watercolor, and I agree with Andrea, great results! I love the coffee-drinking driver, too. Am going to enjoy working on the collab piece--can't wait.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

WOW! I agree, Mike, these are too cool! I am so glad you tried some water color and they look great!!!

ballookey said...

Whoa, color! It's like a new person has joined the exchange! Great job on the experimentation.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

ha ha, not only no drinking and driving, but no tea and driving, either! And all too true.

roma said...

Oops, not coffee--tea! Love it! Hope the book is in the post office today. We forgot to check yesterday. Haven't had a mole for over a month. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Mike Kline said...

Sorry Roma! I hope it arrived yesterday! The Postman talked me into media mail and said 1-2 days tops... as we are on each others door steps. I sent Stephanie's pocket stuff to her address as it was getting really bulky.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

THESE are SO PRETTY! And topic!!!

(I'm without a mole at the moment, too.)

But I am working on a synopsis for my children's novel, Frog Haven, which I hope to send soon to an agent--I'm keeping my fingers crossed but trying not to get my hopes up.

roma said...

I did get the Mole, Mike, I think on Friday. I was pretty sick this weekend, brought a pesky bug back from Vietnam, turned into a lung infection. But I did manage to get a start on Stephanie's book. I LOVE seeing these up close and personal.