Friday, November 18, 2011

Raining cats and sketchbook...

Well, it's a very light shower, cause i have 2 books now, Steve's from round 2 and Mike's for round 3 which I haven't even opened yet.
It was very hard to start cause of Heidi's jellyfish being so amazing I was scared to mess it up. However, I eventually managed to get over that and move on. I still have 3 pages to go and then start on Mike's.

Steve's book
Steve's book

Steve's book
Steve's book

Steve's book
Steve's book

This is a really new thing for me which I tried for the first time, which is to use a brush instead of a pen for the lines and liquid acrylic paint instead of watercolor.

The words are from a very enigmatic song  my Timber Timbre:

6 comments:

Mike Kline said...

Wonderful... The song shared really enhanced the viewing, mood, and I really enjoyed it. Great stuff and new medium. I love water! Video worked as well. A wrapped moleskine must feel like they are in a deep dark place. Let the light shine in and expose their beauty.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

WOW! Amazing beautiful colorful detailed stuff--I love it!!!! Such saturated red and blues, such nice balance.

Nice music too! :-D

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Did you use liquid acrylic on all of them?

I have some, but have been afraid to try it on the moleskines.

Unknown said...

Mary - this one's a watercolor paper book and the liquid acrylic worked perfectly. I think the regular paper book an also take it but I'm not sure, I'll try on the next book and see what happens...

ballookey said...

Beautiful - I think you worked with the jellyfish wonderfully, and I really love the archer. I don't know why, but I just love the look of archery. :)

Side note, I've used liquid acrylics on all the Moleskine papers and they seem to work out just fine. I don't think I've had any problem with warping, buckling, or bleed-through.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I'm going to try it next time I have a moleskin. I haven't had one for a while.

I like the dark backgrounds, too. And I love what you did with the jelly.

I've never worked with liquid acrylics on paper--only on fabric etc.. Is there anything I should know?