Thursday, January 7, 2010

Half a Collaboration in Aya's Mole: "The Black Veil."


My work on Aya's Mole for the day: "The Black Veil." This is done in watercolors--or, I should say, water color. I only used one color, indigo (I think Windsor Newton, but I'm not sure--I used it off my palette.) It is for Mike Kline to finish. Have fun, Mike--use any media or color you want. I was inspired by a photograph at the DIA, but unfortunately, I didn't get the info, just the idea. I wanted to photograph the photograph and info, but we were not allowed to.

Click the image to view it larger.

6 comments:

steve said...

Sweet Mary - this looks like it would be good fun to work with!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I hope so, hope Mike has fun with it.

I had fun painting the little shadows of the veil.

Mike Kline said...

Super fun! I can't wait. My wife Val said it would be really cool if we had one collaboration piece with each artist in the exchange for round three (hopefully there is one). Val is full of wonderful ideas. I keep running into people who are interested in the exchange.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I've been thinking the same thing for over a month and have come close to proposing it.

It would be relatively easy to do if in addition to the normal art, we did 12 half-collaborations.

We could either do them all following our own work and people could do them in order or choose the one that resonates for them OR we could count out the pages and do one at the beginning of each section, that is, every 6th papge or whatever it worksout to.

I think it's a great idea and would be really fun.

If we did it at the beginning, we would each have TWO collaborations with each other artist--one initiated by us and one by them.

sounds wonderful to me.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

We would each have to do eleven hal-collaborations at the beginning, assuming 12 people. The collaborations with the 12th person would be our own work, LOL!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

*half-collaborations, sorry