Saturday, January 9, 2010

Veloce or The Girl with the Scarves


Veloce or The Girl with the Scarves, in Aya's Moleskine. This is my second the last entry. I'm working hard on a fellowship grant application, and wasn't going to work on the mole until I finished it, but I needed a BREAK!

Click image to view larger.

(There's a bit of a story--she's riding in the Tour de France and quite a character with all her scarves! Someone's trying to get her attention by offering a beer, but she's having none of it--pedaling furiously, and looks into the "camera" (or the artist's eye) for just a moment before she whirls away out of sight.).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that's so strange, she looks just like me (though I would never attempt a tour-de-France I can barely ride a bike!)

steve said...

Magical piece Mary!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

WOW! That is strange, Aya!

LOL!

I was going for the colors of the Mediterranean.

Thanks, Steve.