Saturday, October 29, 2011

Drawing Attention to our Figures

In art related news, Mary & I spent all yesterday afternoon & evening at the Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA). Instead of taking our Moles there for sketching, we took advantage of a Members Drawing in the Gallery class. Last night, the assigned "drawing studio" was the Greco-Roman art gallery. The DIA provides seating, boards, large paper of decent quality & graphite pencils. It was really fun & we were both pleased with our work, considering that neither of us has done any figure drawing in many years.

6 comments:

ballookey said...

Classic art cracks me up: "Well hello my fine naked lady! Care for an apple?"

Fun times. :)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

We had such a good time. Thanks for being such a good friend! YAY! Art friend! Yea! NaNoWriMo friends, hiking friend, gabbing friend.

Heidi is amused by where he is putting the apple. She is playing the piano.

roma said...

Nice job with the nude figure. They were so lovely and meaty in those days. I wish we still had that ideal now whenever we think of beauty. I'd love to go sketching in a museum in front of all those old masters. Seems a bit derelict if you ask me. ;-)

Something Different said...

This looks way fun and I wish I could have joined you two. You look like you are enjoying every aspect of your day! <3

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

We sure did!!!!!

Mike Kline said...

Nudes are so challenging. Nicely done. More artists need to experiment with natural form. Nice!