Saturday, November 8, 2008

Mustang Battle for Supremacy, in Willie's Mole

Mustang Battle for Supremacy, By Mary Stebbins Taitt. Most of the background was done with handmade stencils and water colors. I painted in a few trees. The mustangs were done in Photoshop with flowers over them. The whole things is a sort of loose take off on a painting by Wesley Dennis called "The Mustang," which I had in my room, framed on the wall, as a kid. I couldn't find one on-line to link to so you could see it.

I have an MS in Biology and I did my Master's thesis research on "The Social Behavior of Free-ranging Appaloosa Horses." (These aren't appaloosas.). So I thought this would be a fun project for me.

I had fun doing this but was really upset to discover that enough moisture leaked through the paper to make some of the thousands of dots on the previous picture, which I've been working on for two weeks, run! :-( I haven't posted it yet becasue I am still working on it, but you can click here to see a much earlier draft if yr interested.

2 comments:

steve said...

Yeah, ditto Mike! Wild and wonderful!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

THANKS GUYS! :-D