Saturday, November 8, 2008

Ozark Autumn

Ozark Autumn, by Mary Stebbins Taitt, in Willie's Mole. After "Shadow Light," by Robert Rohm. (I could not find a copy on line to link to.) This is the last of the sketches in Willie's Mole. I worked on it for more than two weeks. I had to change the date. I had written 10- -08, planning to fill it in when I finished [I wanted to not fill the signature area with too many dots until I'd signed it], but I didn't finish 'til 11-07-08. I was horrified when dampness from the one after this crept through the paper and blurred some of my carefully made dots. Aieee! I repaired it as best I could. I have included a detail. This is a 5 x 8" mole, so the whole picture is about 8 x 10." I used a variety of different pens becasue I have NO set large enough to contain all the colors I need. The different pens make different dots. I hope it arrives safely back to Willie! (And
that he likes it).

4 comments:

Mike Kline said...

These are absolutely beautiful...

steve said...

Man oh man, this is gorgeous. The Ozark mountains is a beautiful area, though I've never been there in Autumn. How could you not love this? Lucky Willie!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks so much! :-D

I have a lot invested in this one, and I am pretty happy with it.

Andrea said...

Yeah, lucky Willie! I adore your pointilism, Mary!