Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Breakfast Drawings

Nikita

So, this is one of the other things I do to keep my drawing hand in good shape while i'm not working on someone's moleskine...

Whenever me and Ned are out for breakfast \ lunch (which happened almost every day) I draw. One of the places we go to is especially accommodating and have a big paper mat on the tables and a box filled with crayons for people to draw with. But if we go somewhere else, I always have pen, paper and some paints in my backpack.

All those were made during breakfasts out, in cafes and restaurants while waiting for food, for coffee, for a check and talking to Ned.

motorcycle Princess

center of gravity

4 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Nice linework and captures! :-D

I like to draw at restaurants too. :-D

steve said...

What an excellent idea Aya - these are sweet! Hey, thanks also for the free art. I had a hard time choosing - everything was so good. I look forward to framing and hanging your work in my studio for inspiration!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I liked the one I took a lot--Thanks--it was the owl in yellow.

Mike Kline said...

Very nice! I find myself drawing al over the place too. These really are sweet... It is funny how our center of gravity keeps changing year to year.