This group, started by Andrea Martinez, is an extension of the many other Moleskine Exchanges going on all over the world. This blog will follow the adventure of a group of artists around the world, in a large Moleskine sketchbook exchange.
Each artist will set off with a large Moleskine sketchbook, creating a drawing, collage, or painting - anything goes here folks. Each artist will draw on (7 is our current number) pages in the book and then send it on to the next artist. Please note, a page in this case is considered one side of the piece of paper, we will be using front and back. When the artist’s book is filled, it will be returned to the owner with images created by artists around the world. Each artist has 3 weeks to make an entry and get the book mailed off to the next artist. The outcome will be a pleasant and surprising adventure, as artists are encouraged to interact and merge their art with others. Artists are also encouraged to submit to this blog, whatever steps they wish.
1. The artists start with the large Moleskine sketchbook - Name, address, email address written in book.
2. Each artist gets 3 weeks to make a sketchbook entry, and mail it to the next person. The order will be posted soon.
3. Each artist will do 7 pages.
4. Artists are encouraged to interact with other images in the book. Please be respectful.
5. When the book is full, the book will be sent back to its original owner. Once this round is complete we will determine if we all want to go around again or substitute in other artists.
6. If an artist decides not to continue, he or she will simply keep their book when it comes back to them. The artist should email all of the participants to say they are not going to continue. We will decide, then, if we want to find a new person.
7. Please communicate regularly via email. Let each person know that you have received/sent the book. The goal is to have a dialogue. Any comments and questions are welcome.