Sunday, May 16, 2010

Collab with Mike in Heidi's book


I locked myself up in my office all weekend to work on Heidi's book, and only came out this evening with her book and a white paint marker in hand so I could work on this while watching TV with my husband.

The rest isn't quite done yet, but only needs a few more days to finish - I'll post that when I'm done.

I'm not sure why this song came to mind, but as I started doodling, I worked it into the doodles. The lyrics referenced in the art are from 'Test Tube Baby' by Morphine. I'll burn it to disc to go into the pocket, but you can catch a good sample on iTunes (note: clicking the link will launch iTunes if you have it).

8 comments:

Mike Kline said...

Rockin Awesome look...

ballookey said...

Thanks Mike!

henniemavis said...

Thank you! I love the lyric-lettering art, added to Mike's birds... must go listen to song now, bye!

ballookey said...

Thanks, I think it turned out well given that I had no idea what I was doing when I started. :)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

WOW! This is far out!!! It came out terrific--I like the light on dark and the integration of the words and images!

ballookey said...

Thanks Mary!

steve said...

Wow, fantastic!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

re-visiting and re-loving this!!!