Sunday, May 16, 2010

For Willie's "Pocket:" "Home"





I've been working on a series of Homeless pictures for Willie's pocket--these two are just part of the collection--Then, I realized from someone's note (Aya's?) that Willie has a small Mole, and that my big paintings won't fit in his pocket. SInce I made them for him, I will send them to him under separate cover, these and the others. Two of the others have accompanying poems which is why I haven't posted them yet. Willie will have to consider these pocket matter, even though they won't fit in the pockets.

They are both done with gouache on colored paper. The first is called "Somewhere to sleep" and the second "Home." Somewhere to sleep is 8.5 x 11 and Home is 5.5 x 8.5. The first is on bright saturated red paper and the second on pale blue paper.

I guess I won't be getting Willie's mole for a while, since Steve, the person ahead of me, hasn't received it yet. But I will just keep working on stuff for him until it comes. Both images get bigger if you click on them.

3 comments:

henniemavis said...

Really interesting. I especially like the background alley & lighting in the top one. The color treatment is perfect!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks, Hennie. I hope Willie Likes them, tee hee, because I keep cranking out more of them.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

For soem reason, which I don't know, I really enjoy painting with gouache on colored paper.