Monday, August 16, 2010

In the pocket

cal01
cal04
cal02
cal03

Before facebook telling us when everyone's birthday was, people used this... a birthday calendar, or a perpetual calendar. A small calendar that has dates but no weeks in it, so that you can use it one year after another and fill in all the birthdays and anniversaries and then check who's got a birthday that day.

Since my topic for Ballookey's book was the zodiac, I decided to make her a little birthday calender with some more zodiac illustration in it.

I used the new Rapidograph for this. I'm starting to really like it though of course, as it turned out the .13 is too thin, and the .35 a little too wide, so now I want another one.

Sad to see the book go tomorrow, but happy that it's on it's way again.

3 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

How fun, this is such a cool idea! :-D YAY!

Getting just the right pen for the right job isn't always easy.

It seems that whatever project I start requires a trip to the art store no matter how many art supplies I ahve on hand.

ballookey said...

Ah, you have no idea how perfect this is for me. I have my grandmother's old perpetual calendar and I love how all the birthdays and anniversaries are noted in such a convenient way, but I always hesitate to add my own notes to hers in such a fragile book.

Believe me, I'm going to totally use this. It will be loved.

Moleskine.Exchange said...

I love birthday books, what a great idea.