Monday, July 11, 2011

Hard times...

Mary's book

A book! yey! it came in 10 days ago actually, but I didn't even have time or energy to open it. Ned and I were very busy and frustrated with our new family member Nutmeg:
nutmegandginger05
Who is a sweetheart but have so many issues we just felt like we committed to something we can't really manage. She's got serious separation anxiety, a whole bunch of health issues and can't really hold it in the housebreaking department...

Today, we finally finished dealing with the last of the health stuff, She had a root canal yesterday and though still taking antibiotics, the rest seems to be doing OK, hopefully, no more vet visits in the next couple of months.

We are going to Pennsylvania for a small artshow on Wednesday and I'll take Mary's book with me and start getting some work in it.

8 comments:

roma said...

Aw, look at those blue-almost-white eyes! Where did you get Nutmeg? Was she a rescue pup? It's so sad to see such a young thing with so many issues. Glad she is in a good and patient family.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

YAY!!! You got my moley--woohoo!!! I'm eager to see what you do in it.

Nutmeg is a cutey for sure. Hope the problems iron themselves out soon.

Get a wire kennel (a big one) at first? For those must leave times? Then the bathroom, papered?

Moleskine.Exchange said...

OMG, Nutmeg is adorable. Sorry she has so many issues, but I am glad she is in the capable hands of you and Ned.

I am glad to see you back Aya, I've missed your posts.

Unknown said...

We got Nutmeg from a guy we know from the dog park, he had a puppy that died a little while back, and decided to foster instead of adopt till he feels ready for a full time dog again.

He got Nutmeg, fall in love, decided to adopt her, but just couldn't deal with all of her issues and then decided to foster again, by that time, Ned and I told him that if he doesn't want her, we'll take her (not knowing about most of the issues).

She turned out to be a handful! but also, smart, funny and loving. I think the next few weeks are going to be rough, but if we can make it we'll have the most awesome dog ever.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I hope it all works out! You do seem very capable!!

We've adopted a few dogs with issues. I could tell some stories--maybe I will--later.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I hope it all works out! You do seem very capable!!

We've adopted a few dogs with issues. I could tell some stories--maybe I will--later.

Something Different said...

Good luck Aya, let us know how it goes with Nutmeg.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

yes, do, and thanks for posting these pix!!! :-D