Friday, July 8, 2011

A Potpourri for Ballookey (Round 3)

contemplation collage

After having not worked in Ballookey's mole for what felt like ages (mostly on account of not having energy after taking care of a couple of people I love who went through serious medical issues) I finally picked up the markers, paints, and glue, and got to work.

fly away collage

The collage at the very top started with a pink background and ended with a girl on a swing. I used found images plus cut up a monoprint that I'd made, and the result is that the page is super thick, almost like cardboard. Hope you don't mind, Ballookey, but your Mole has some girth to it now.

The second piece above started with stick flowers on a ochre background, and it was only after finishing the first collage that I got inspired to re-work the stick flowers into something meatier. (You can see an earlier version of it in my last post.) And finally, the piece below contains small prints of some of my doodles, which I made into loteria cards.

I'm enjoying making collages. Something about the idea of layering and the richness of many disparate elements added into a whole. Kind of feels like my life right now.

la loteria for Ballookey

Ballookey's mole is on its way to Gretchen. After holding on to this mole for so long, it will be strange to be mole-less for a while.

8 comments:

Moleskine.Exchange said...

Glad you are back Roma and thank you for taking the time to participate in this exchange and make lovely work, as I know you have had a lot going on lately. I am so glad you are here. :)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

YAY! How fun! These turned out great! Particularly like the cards, though they are all SUPER! Nice collage work and colors.

merrytait said...

The picture of the girl with the rope reminds me of myself as a child. (maybe that is true of all of us?)

ballookey said...

Wow, I love LOVE these collages so much! I'm so glad they're in my book as I'd be totally jealous of anyone else who got them. ;)

I love that pink sky behind the girl, too.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

It gives it a really dreamy mood--or supports the expression on the girl's face!!

roma said...

Thanks, Andrea. The project is such a lifesaver, really. Mary, one of my FB friends who saw the girl with the rope described her this way: " I think she is swinging from artist to artist....on a Moleskine..." :) So glad you like these, ballookey. You never know with collage how they'll turn out. But I do love the medium!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

She may have to swing over to one of my projects.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I think I know right where i want her, too!