After having not worked in Ballookey's mole for what felt like ages (mostly on account of not having energy after taking care of a couple of people I love who went through serious medical issues) I finally picked up the markers, paints, and glue, and got to work.
The collage at the very top started with a pink background and ended with a girl on a swing. I used found images plus cut up a monoprint that I'd made, and the result is that the page is super thick, almost like cardboard. Hope you don't mind, Ballookey, but your Mole has some girth to it now.
The second piece above started with stick flowers on a ochre background, and it was only after finishing the first collage that I got inspired to re-work the stick flowers into something meatier. (You can see an earlier version of it in my last post.) And finally, the piece below contains small prints of some of my doodles, which I made into loteria cards.
I'm enjoying making collages. Something about the idea of layering and the richness of many disparate elements added into a whole. Kind of feels like my life right now.
Ballookey's mole is on its way to Gretchen. After holding on to this mole for so long, it will be strange to be mole-less for a while.