Friday, July 15, 2011

In Andrea's Pocket


I made this 4.5 x 6.5 sketch of BB at dinner tonight with metallic Sakura Permopaque pigment pens on a textured purple card.  The white pen didn't work well, so I used a pastel pencil to add white and since all the colors were about the same density, I shaded a little with a black colored pencil.  What you can't see in the scan is the metallic sheen.  I was trying them out for the first time--never used them before.  Click to view larger.  (You really have to see the texture.)

4 comments:

roma said...

I see what you mean about the texture on the larger view. Great texture, too, on his white hair and beard. It's a wonderful rendition. I bet he loved it. I do.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks so much, Roma. It's a small card and I am not terribly good at making detail on small stuff. It was really an experiment with the pens, but I liked how it turned out. I tend to use Biker Buddy as a subject since he's often nearby. CLoser even than a mirror, LOL! :-D

Something Different said...

Yay! Biker Buddy for me.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

It's more fun in person (I think).

I am waiting for some pens I ordered to arrive.