Monday, July 11, 2011

In Andrea's...

I wanted to post this over the weekend, but our internet was down! Lots of thunderstorms going on here. Mary posted a preview of these below, but here's a little more detail:


Hand collab with Roma.


Colorful two pager! (Though my iPhone enhanced the colors a bit more than they actually are) This one was done with markers and gel pens. Not sure what it is, but it's like that with most of my art :)

This one is my fav of the bunch, and is much cooler in person! Done with metallic and neon gel pens & markers.

This could've been a collab too. I thought about adding more to it... but decided I liked it the way it is.

Collab for Mary!

I'm off to Montana for the week, but I'm sure Ballookey's mole will be waiting for me when I return!

5 comments:

roma said...

Wow, Gretchen, the hands came out SOOOO cool!! I love that collab, as well as all the other pieces. Your collab piece for Mary is also wonderful. I love the graphic yet organic nature of it. And I think your favorite is also my favorite.

Also, it dawned on me sometime this weekend: I'm pretty sure I forgot to fill out my name tag in the front. Dang. Maybe I can send one in to Andrea.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

You can send it to me, Roma, and I can paste it in, if you do it soon, I just got it and will have it about a month.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

These pieces are absolutely gorgeous here, and even BETTER int he flesh (on the pages). Super. The dots on the colored hand are raised and textural, as well colorful. VERY NICE.

And the details are wonderful--I wanted to mention that in my post. For example, there are small designs that cross color boundaries made in metallics to match the background colors, it's stunning.

ballookey said...

That's going to be a great collaboration piece for Mary, and I love the one with the metallics - it looks practically embossed in the photo! Great work!

Moleskine.Exchange said...

Gretchen, these are all lovely! I cannot wait to see these up close. Great work!

Yes, of course, you can send me a name tag. Or to Mary, whatever works for you.