Monday, July 25, 2011

In the pocket (for Mary's book)

So I had this idea about making a mobile \ hanging with fish that look like they are swimming, then decided to team it with one of my favorite songs.

I made the fish and swimming girl and the song yesterday, but when I tried to put it together, it just looked bad, the paper wasn't heavy enough for the string and the whole thing was hanging limp.

So this morning, I walked the dog to the art store and got some clay to make the anchor and extra fish, much better now, though a lot longer then what I had in mind...

I'm so happy about how it came out, I want to make one for me next, which explain this crazy amount of photos of this thing...

anchor-song04
anchor-song02
anchor-song06
anchor-song03
anchor-song09
anchor-song08
anchor-song07
anchor-song10
anchor-song05
anchor-song01

6 comments:

roma said...

SOOOOO delightful and whimsical, I LOVE it. No wonder you want one for yourself!

Ellen said...

OMG! Aya!! That is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Oh how totally FUN!! Your pocket items are the BEST!!! Amazing!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! :-D I love it!!

Moleskine.Exchange said...

This is the best thing I have seen in ages! I would love to have this hanging in my music room, I love Bjork. I'm hoping I can catch her on tour after the release of her new album.

ballookey said...

This is, indeed the best pocket inclusion ever! You think of the coolest things to craft for the pockets!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I can't wait to hang it up!

I still have the Goddess of procrastination up on my study windowsill.