Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Round 2 - page 1 Aya rosen

half page

Or rather, page half... I still have one project (at least) I was supposed to finish before this, but I couldn't help myself anymore, and so today, when Ned, my husband were making work phone calls at home, I went to my favorite coffee shop and worked on this.

It feels very strange to draw or paint in someone else's book. I felt like i broke into a stranger's house and eat their food from their fridge or slept on their bed.

After giving a shot to the moleskin sketchbook in this, rather then the watercolor version which I usually get, I have to say, for me, watercolor is definitely the way to go for me. This paper is coated and it doesn't take watercolor very well, I manage ot make it work, but had to use a lot more paint and less water, and some of the subtelties are lost.

I might have to use markers for the next pages.

6 comments:

henniemavis said...

Aya, you've drawn in my book -- we are not strangers, but friends now :-) so you may eat from my fridge & sleep on my bed with my blessing, HA! I LOVE what you drew in my Flock of Needles. Undisciplined watercolor be damned!

I just got home from NC, almost a week offline. All these posts are nice to come home to! Can't wait to catch up on my viewing...

milo said...

Well done... I would have been stumped as to what to draw in that space.... your solution is beautiful

ballookey said...

Very cool - makes the needles & threads reminiscent of a shattered window.

red-handed said...

It's fab, really.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I so agree that the water color moles are better--for water colors!!

You were very courageous to sleep in Hennie's bed. But Hennie's a good cook and hostess, so I hope you enjoy yourself.

Nice work. It came out well! Sometimes the effect of undisciplined water colors, while frustrating, can be quite interesting! :-D

steve said...

Wonderful!