Sunday, September 6, 2009

Three More





Three new Mole pictures in my new Mole.

1)Beached Carp: water color, pastels, charcoal
2)Still Life with Hostas and African Violets, pastels, charcoal
3)"If Only" --ink, pen from Andrea. This is my half picture. It's 1/2 the page on a diagonal. Feel free to add color or change it in any way.

This completes my five pictures. (4 1/2) (One was on the fly leaf and "didn't count?") Everyone gets 4 + 1/2 + 1/2 in mine, no blank pages--and it will work out just right--I counted the pages. My last half will be when I get my book back at the very end.

I am very excited. :-D YAY!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

I like those fish, Mary. I also like how open you've left your collaboration page. These are going to be fun!

Ian russell said...

excellent pieces, mary. how are you finding the watercolor moleskine? did you have to ''fix'' the charcoal? I did a pencil drawing in milo's and it was so smudgy I decided to fix it with hairspray - not mine! it was a bit smelly in a cheap fragrant way. I hoped the sniffer dogs at US security didn't react to it.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks, Andrea! :-D

I'm looking forward to the collaborations too.

I'm liking the water color mole and yr all going to get to try it.

The fish themselves are painted entirely in water color, with a few details added later with pastels and charcoal--yes I did fix them (smelly!) I wanted to try the pastels and charcoal, but it is messy. The water color and gouache worked fine. The pages, while thicker than the other moles, are still not that thick though. And you can't "shrink" them or tape them down very well, although I suppose I might MAYBE be able to tape the whole shootin' match to a board--too bad I didn't think to try that before I finished my share. I've got paper between the pages, to prevent smudging, but they do not seem to be smudging.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Oh, and thanks, Ian!

steve said...

Good to see you back Mary!!

henniemavis said...

Mary, you're so artistically diverse & experimental -- my kinda girl :-) These are all great fun! I agree with Andrea, that the open space on the intended collaboration page should prove enticing to whomever follows you in the mailing queue.

@ Ian: "a bit smelly in a cheap fragrant way..." merits a laugh, HA!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Ian is funny, isn't he!

Thanks, Hennie. I do like to experiment, and since this was own mole, I felt freer to do so.