Wednesday, September 23, 2009

First page - Round 2 - Aya Rosen

asio-otus (page 1)

One of my major dilemmas in drawing in Heidi's book (I know I'm going to experience it with each book I get) is how to both do what I want, but also correspond with the other art in the book.
When I start a new sketchbook I usually give it a general name, and mosto f the pieces in the book follow a certain theme, or color pallet or just a change in me, once I start a new one, I'm often drawn to trying something new that I wouldn't dare put in the old one.

So, in Heidi's case this was pretty easy, she had a drawing of a tuffed ears owl in her book AND I notice a comment on one of my owl prints. So I assumed she's a person who likes owls. I decided to add my own version of a tuffed ears owl to her book

7 comments:

milo said...

I crazy love this owl...

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

SUPER DUPER!!! WOWIE ZOWIE! I love it!

I really like this owl--I wish I'd done it--so great.

henniemavis said...

I adore birds, and I LOVE the gorgeous owl you drew for me! Love the floral background too :-) Thank you!

steve said...

Yeah, Milo summed it up for me as well!

Johnnynorms said...

Me too, your owl made me wow - lovely pic.

Moleskine.Exchange said...

I am with Milo, I crazy love that owl too.

Mike Kline said...

Love it!