Friday, September 25, 2009

UP

1)UP, first full piece in Steve's book. Water color.
2)UP, Angel Light. In Steve's pocket for Steve. (Handle with care, made on ordinary paper, 4.25 x 5.5.)

I "copied" the painting on the cover of Barbara Kingsolver's book, Small Wonder. I love Barbara Kingsolver, and have read ALL her books. The art was done by Paul Mirocha. He is much better than I am. I changed the orientation to landscape, and the arrangement of the birds and the detail and coloring of the background, as you will see if you look. Click here and scroll down. While you're there, you migt enjoy some of his other work.

6 comments:

steve said...

Wow, Thank you Mary!!! I am a lucky guy indeed! =)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks, Steve, I hope you enjoy it! :-D

Unknown said...

very beautiful pictures!!!!!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks so much, Angela! :-D

Moleskine.Exchange said...

Very nice work here Mary, I am reading my first B.K. book. so far so good!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Which one are you reading? I hope you like it!