Thursday, October 15, 2009

Autumn Dusk; One More done, one and a half to go

Autumn Dusk. I painted the rabbit and its surroundings in water color
and then used block-printing ink and leaves I picked up in the yard to
add the camouflage leaves around the rabbit. I used the 2010 one year
calendar to roll out the paint and leaves. (Now I have a big mess to
clean before my company arrives.)

I know today is the day to mail, but I just got back from a writing workshop and retreat and have out of town company coming and my son's homecoming is this weekend and he has his girlfriend coming from out of town. So I will be mailing late. I may not be able to do any more until next week. So sorry.

7 comments:

ballookey said...

The rabbit is absolutely lovely! I love the mix of media and approaches - it really worked out well on this piece.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks so much, Balookey. I was picturing the rabbit in a sheltered glade. :-D

Unknown said...

Wonderful blues, I love the colors in this page

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thank you Aya! :-D

steve said...

Lovely!!!

henniemavis said...

This is BEAUTIFUL. When I looked at it, I got that "rare moment" feeling, a secluded glimpse at cozy bunnyhood, as I would feel if I saw a real rabbit late one evening along the forest edge.

For your blues, Maxfield Parrish gives you a thumbs up from the grave, no doubt. Lovely!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks so much, Steve and Hennie! :-D YAY! :-D