Monday, October 19, 2009

Last one in Steve's



I painted this last night while my out-of-town company sat and talked to BB, PB and me. Since I was at home and not at the studio, I painted the entire thing with one of those tiny pocket palette boxes (Windsor Newton). I didn't have my proper brushes, either. And I couldn't get a fine enough line with the masking fluid for the lightning. Oh well, here it is. It's a storm over a barn in Baldwinsville, NY, where I had to run and run to try to escape the coming storm. I will NOW package and mail the mole to Mike, I hope. Today is BB's birthday and I have a poetry class tonight and the girls (my daughters) just left a little while ago, so it will be tight. But I will try!

7 comments:

henniemavis said...

Wow! I love the vines/bushes overgrowing this old barn... you did a magnificent job portraying those, so pitooey on fat lightning!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks so much, Hennie! :-D

I really had fun with this in spite of the challenges! It was a combination of vines and bushes.

I did get the mole mailed, so it's off to Mike.

steve said...

Love your work in there Mary! You made excellent use of it's watercoloriness, haha!

ballookey said...

I've always had this weird love for stormy skies over green fields. I think it's the strange look when the sun is coming from a low angle, so the grass is illuminated but the sky ahead is so dark - anyway. Love that. And this painting comes quite close to that same feel. Very nice.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

That's what I was trying for, that very look. Thanks! :-D

Mike Kline said...

Beautiful and so peaceful. Electric indeed. I really need to mix my mediums.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks, Mike. I figured since not all the moles would be watercolor moles, I would do water colors in those. It's really hard to do water colors well int he shiny yellow maoles.