Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pages 3, 4 and a 1/2

moleskin03
moleskin04
moleskin05

I had a really frustrating and horrible day yesterday - everything just went wrong! eventually me and Ned found our way home, and decided to just hide till the day is done... So we hid, Ned was retouching some photos from a shoot and I was working on Ashes' moleskin. And really enjoying myself, for the first time that day.

I finished the last half page this morning in a cafe while waiting for a friend to come over (she was an hour and a half late)!

Two things that I decided after finishing this:

The first is that I really need a watercolor folio moleskin for myself, even if I haven't finished my 8X5.5 by now, I actually went to the book store on my way home fron the cafe, but they were out, now I'm torn between ordering it online right now or waiting for the next shipping at the bookstore.

The second is thinking of my new moleskin as one work of art and not just a collection of different artworks, in this book I gave a lot of thoughts to the progression from one page to the other which is something I don't usually do, also, I really liked working on double spreads and not on one page at a time.

I'm going on a trip on November 17, and probably mail this before the 15th to get it off my list of things to do before the trip.

6 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Such interesting work!!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I love the very sad girl int he bathing suit.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

The bears are so cool. I love the background and the bears of course, and I like how they link together.

henniemavis said...

Aya, your work is... stunning.

I love the Bears page best... but on Goldilocks, Lordy, all that hand lettering! Andrea, I think you have a friend in Aya for amount of time put into a work :-) The time-dedication you two give to your pages floors me.

I just made a pact with myself to put forth greater thought & effort into at least one page per book. I usually tend to freely paint or draw on the fly. I'd like to try concentrating my effort on occasion. You inspire me.

ballookey said...

Wow, just spectacular. I love them all.

Moleskine.Exchange said...

Yeah, Hennie said it very well. Inspiring work!