Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Top image: Liked the tuna so well from the collab page, I did a tuna stand-alone. Used just 2 markers & water. Gotta love those cheap Crayola markers. They bleed like all get out :-)
.
Middle image: 4 sketches done on a late September train ride. Decided to mount them as a story, since I did do them during the time I would have had Ash's Mole... if the darn post office from Canada to NH wasn't so slow!
.
Bottom image: A journal-style entry, inspired by Edith Holden's The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady (1906), which I recently reviewed as an example of nature journaling for a workshop I led this month. Wow, those ladybugs were a time sink. Thinking of Andrea suddenly... her Mole wants an entire page of ladybugs, me thinks...

9 comments:

ballookey said...

Oooh, nasturtiums again! I love them. I just want to gobble them up. Great job!

steve said...

Nice job here! Love the water with the tuna, and the second page is wonderfil - woild love to try something similar.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I love these. Each is very special and beautiful and interesting in a different way.

I love the Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady, though at the moment, I don't know where my copy is.

I can imagine those ladybird beetles must have taken ages. SO pretty though!

henniemavis said...

Thanks you guys :-)

@Mary: Find your copy of Edith Holden at once! It's out of print, might be valuable? Cha-ching!

@Steve: When you put many monsters together in one image (germs), you did this, yes? Mounting related drawings together, it changes their dynamic. I'm curious, by doing it here, I think I accidentally made an "abstract comic?" Perhaps Anders will weigh in & clarify.

steve said...

Yeah, I actually thought about Anders when you did this.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I love the effect of the fish with the markers and water.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Assuming I can find my Country Diary, I probably won't want to sell it.

Mike Kline said...

The twin fin fish in water and all them ladybirds are rockin cool!

Moleskine.Exchange said...

Superb work Hennie! Love the color you have going in the fish piece.