Friday, May 30, 2008

I'm done in Big A's book--woot!






This was all done in Andrea Martinez's book, and I was prompted by the first two pages at the bottom, where Andrea drew some lines and shapes and suggested I try adding more, including some color. I thought this made for a great challenge, since I don't work much with color in the sketch workbooks, plus, I noticed it said "top" at the edge of one of the pages, suggesting the book be worked in in a completely different manner than I'm used to - one I don't recall trying before in any Moleskine. I thought it would be fun if all the pages worked as one, as well, and until I posted this here at the blog, I really had no idea how it would turn out. Overall, it was just one big, continuous doodlefest - working stream-of-conscious style while listening to music, including B12: "Electrosoma", The Flaming Lips: "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots", Cerulean: "No Sense in Waiting", The KLF: "Chill Out", and Space:"Space".

10 comments:

Ian russell said...

Out of this world! I can relate this to the music you listen to, Steve. I'll have to get hold of some when it's my turn as I like to catch onto the theme.

Johnnynorms said...

Fascinating and beautiful - roots, synapses, transmitting, all sorts!

steve said...

Thanks guys--it was a blast working on this!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

WOW! Super. This is REALLY COOL! What a great idea, and how well it works as a piece together. Not a tryptych ((lol) but a . . . ah ah?

Anyway, it's cool, love the interconnectedness and yet different approaches. How fun!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I love those quilted mountains at the bottom! He he!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

And the worms!

The worms crawl in and the worms crawl out . . .

and the eggies! :-D :-D

Fun to study!

steve said...

Haha, thanks so much Mary. I swear i wasn't taking any illegal substances while working on this!

Ammon said...

Flippin' Sweet work!

Jess said...

Oh Steve... this is freaking awesome. Yeah!!

Andrea said...

Steve! I LOVE this! Not a very articulate statement, I know. Wow! I am so happy about this I could scream!

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!