Saturday, May 17, 2008

Mole 3 & 4 in Michelle's Moleskine

I guess the Biker Buddy Sketch was Moles one and 2 and This one must be moles three and 4. It's my attempt at a Chinese brush painting of Sparrow and plum blossoms somewhat after Lucy Wang. I am not used to the Chinese (bamboo) brushes. I did this with bamboo brushes and gouache and water color. This mean the excitement of receiving Michelle's super Mole carried me halfway through my sketches, I guess, all on day ONE of the new month.


Dunno if I mentioned about the lettering. I did a bad job on it. If you don't do it just right, it means something else and I can't remember if I mentioned earlier what I am TRYING to write which is: "Return to Serenity."


Just learned how to pronounce gouache--You all probably know, but it was new to me. GWASH.

6 comments:

steve said...

Excellent work. I love your enthusiasm and zeal for this project.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks so much, Steve. I think it's fun! :-D

Ian russell said...

you say tomato, we say tomato...


d'oh, somethings don't come across in type. I'm pretty sure we say goo-ah'sh. that's a bit like goulash without the L. but don't be tempted to eat your paints as they stain the teeth!

that's a fine oriental depiction of nature, Mary.

Andrea said...

This one is really lovely Mary, I like the minimalist quality.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks, I was pretty pleased with it.

But unfortunately, as Charlie the art teacher says, they can't all be home runs. The one I am working on now is not so great. (WAHN!)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

gooo-AHsh and Gwash sound a lot alike if you say it fast.

Dunno---I was just "instructed" GWASH.

GoooAHsh hey sounds the same to me. Sort of. I'm easy and willing--to say it however.

OH, and thanks.

I missed this a moment ago. Sorry.