Thursday, May 1, 2008

What's in my thinks bubble

Excitements/Anticipations:
Seeing everyone's artwork coming through the post.
A refreshing variety of styles and approaches - we got all sorts.
Exploring my own ideas, trying out new things.
Being part of a club - I'm shy, but I'm here.
Handling a moleskine, which is new to me.
Opening the book, rubbing my hands with glee, and creating.

Apprehensions:
Revealing my lack of drawing skills.
Feeling uninspired, and just doing the same thing over and over.
Running out of time.
Making hideous mistakes.
Opening the book, staring at a blank page, and feeling my brain dribbling slowly out of my ears.

Reminders:
Others of you feel the same/similar.
Be myself - that's what I'm here for.
Stop worrying and enjoy it, you've got it for a year...

7 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

!

WOW!

You are speaking for me for sure!

steve said...

John,I've always loved your art man.just keep doing your thing and simply have fun!

Ian russell said...

Come on, John, you rock! But you are not wrong here.

Johnnynorms said...

Just being honest folks about what's going through my mind. Quite frankly the thing that's bugging me the most is that my new moleskine hasn't arrived yet...

Ian, thanks for fixing my Typical British Weather - you're a swell feller. Did you use the i-tunes converter?

Ian russell said...

no, John. it didn't want to play ball! I'm sure it did last time I used it... I have 'cool-edit-pro', an old version given me a while ago by a colleague who DJs and mixes and mashes-up on the side. Like paintshop pro, I have no idea how it works but it's fun to play about with. anyway, I used that to convert your file to mp3.

iTunes will convert WMA to WAV format, however. this might work on your player, but I don't know.

Ian russell said...

from where did you order it, John?

apparently, and I wish I knew before, but good old WHSmith do them at a fair price too

WHSmithskine

Mike Kline said...

I got mine, but I went a bit crazy and upgraded. I had the moleskin and found a wonderful hard bound with fantastic paper. Call me crazy! Now I ponder, what to put in it...